MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, epidemiology, econometrics, public health, data mining, mathematics, social or actuarial sciences, or other related analytical / data/ business information field AND 2 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical methods and modeling used in analyzing healthcare, working with industry standards, trends, research methods and findings, and health related case-mix and risk adjustment methods.
- Working knowledge of data flows, standard business information tools, programming/query languages, ICD-9/10, CPT4, DRG, HCPCS...
- Working knowledge of quality metrics, medical cost, utilization trends, disease specific utilization, financial modeling, medical expense savings, and grouping methodologies.
- Able to demonstrate literacy of health data and statistical analysis tools.
- Ability to relate and deal effectively with health care providers, administrators, support staff and general public with a high degree of tact and discretion.
- Excellent oral, written, and public speaking skills are essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Service Excellence – responsive, informs constituents of process, pleasant to work with, educates and provides timely, accurate information
- Organized – manages time effectively, keeps tasks appropriately prioritized
- Flexible – ability to change directions as needed for the good of the department or organization
- Critical Thinking – ability to think through issues and identify appropriate options
- Work Ethics – motivated, diligent, industrious and persistent in the workplace, stays on tasks to completion, works at a fast pace to ensure optimal efficiency
- Interpersonal – can build effective, strong working relationships with employees, colleagues, management and vendors through trust, communication, and credibility
- Team – ability to work with others, serve others, help others, lead others, mentor others, take directions from others in the interest of moving process and programs forward to the desired outcome.
- Emotional Intelligence – ability to not take issues personal, see the big picture in emotionally charged situations and respond in a mature, professional, composed manner
- Self-Awareness – ability to reflect, understand limitations, and seek appropriate assistance and guidance
- Judgment – exercises discretion and due diligence when making decisions and recommendations
- Quality – is able to perform work in a neat, efficient, well-coordinated, well communicated manner with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Presentation – can speak in front of people to deliver necessary material or messaging
- Proactive - anticipates and plans for problems before they arise
- Ability to influence professionals of senior management level.
- Solid sense of confidentiality and discretion.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
Office environment – office, sitting, computer, walking, lifting etc.