MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) or Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) certification.
- Clinical Sleep Educator (CSE) certification.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR).
- Minimum 2 years' experience polysomnographic technologist (preferred).
- Experience in Pediatric sleep clinics (preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Sleep Medicine and Polysomnographic procedures.
- Ability to assist patients in and out of bed if needed.
- Proactive - anticipates and plans for problems before they arise
- Service Excellence – responsive, informs constituents of process, pleasant to work with, educates and provides timely, accurate information
- Organized – manages time effectively, keeps tasks appropriately prioritized
- Flexible – ability to change directions as needed for the good of the department or organization
- Critical Thinking – ability to think through issues and identify appropriate options
- Work Ethics – motivated, diligent, industrious and persistent in the workplace, stays on tasks to completion, works at a fast pace to ensure optimal efficiency
- Interpersonal – can build effective, strong working relationships with employees, colleagues, management and vendors through trust, communication, and credibility
- Team – ability to work with others, serve others, help others, lead others, mentor others, take directions from others in the interest of moving process and programs forward to the desired outcome.
- Emotional Intelligence – ability to not take issues personal, see the big picture in emotionally charged situations and respond in a mature, professional, composed manner
- Self-Awareness – ability to reflect, understand limitations, and seek appropriate assistance and guidance
- Judgment – exercises discretion and due diligence when making decisions and recommendations
- Quality – is able to perform work in a neat, efficient, well-coordinated, well communicated manner with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Presentation – can speak in front of people to deliver necessary material or messaging
- Normal working conditions for a healthcare environment.
- Candidates upon hire will complete an electronic I-9 verification.
- Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
- University of Louisville Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Current UofL Physicians employees must follow the UofL Physicians Internal Transfer Policy.