MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Medical Assisting Degree
- Minimum one year of working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office, preferred
- Electrocardiogram (EKG), vital signs, venipuncture, capillary, and injection experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of health care field and medical office protocols/procedures.
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to family & geriatric medical practice.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Skill in performing medical assistance task appropriately.
- Skill intact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
- Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring dealing with others.
Working conditions are normal for a health care environment.