The Manager Clinical Informatics is responsible for leading the Electronic Medical Record Systems Workflow Development and support, including responsibility for participating in planning, analysis, design, development, testing, training, implementation, evaluation of use, and maintenance of clinical information systems. Acts as the internal clinical expert in terms of what functionality the HIS/clinical system should provide and is responsible for assisting in overall implementation and long term maintenance activities.
Collaborates closely with and communicate between - IT and the hospital’s clinical staff to advance strategic objectives.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND with knowledge of :
• IT clinical management processes and procedures
• Testing processes
• Project management skills
• Presentation skills
• MS Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in and experience managing the implementation of at least one Clinical Informatics system required
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a lead role
• Experience managing technical vendors for system/data integration
• Familiar with clinical development and product life cycle terminology
• Regulatory submission knowledge and/or experience preferred
CORE LEADERSHIP AND BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
• Maintains positive, effective relationships with patients, co-workers, managers, physicians, and others. Listens; seeks first to understand – then to be understood.
• When individual job assignments are current and complete, supports co-workers by providing them with support or assistance in their work. Works with co-workers to accomplish common organizational goals.
• Provides for professional effectiveness by maintaining personal wellness and balance in life. Supports team performance by maintaining good attendance.
• Promptly responds to customer requests and meets customer needs. Consistently meets others with a smile and a greeting. Consistently provides information and assistance to visitors. Seeks to understand and exceed the expectations of every customer, internal or external.
• Respects the dignity and privacy needs of patients and others. Displays courtesy and respect in day to day interaction with others verbally and in overall conduct.
Education: BA Computer Science or Information Systems; clinical licensing preferred (CMA, RN or above). Master's preferred
Experience: Five to Eight years of clinical informatics experience. At least two years experience in a lead role. Needs significant experience working progressively with more responsibility for CIS selection and implementation in areas such as electronic medical records, clinical documentation, computerized order entry / results reporting, and physician access systems. Experience with Cerner system is preferred