MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in healthcare, business or equivalent experience
- 2 years' experience in healthcare Revenue Cycle operations, billing or collections
- 2 year lead, supervisory or administrative support level experience in healthcare environment or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of all payers and payer processes.
- Expert knowledge of health care terminology, laws and regulations
- Advanced knowledge in Excel with Experience in Microsoft Office application.
- Proficient with data entry and multi-tasking in a Window's environment
- Initiative, communicator, problem solver
- Proactive - anticipates and plans for problems before they arise
- Service Excellence – responsive, informs constituents of process, pleasant to work with, educates and provides timely, accurate information
- Organized – manages time effectively, keeps tasks appropriately prioritized
- Flexible – ability to change directions as needed for the good of the department or organization
- Critical Thinking – ability to think through issues and identify appropriate options
- Work Ethics – motivated, diligent, industrious and persistent in the workplace, stays on tasks to completion, works at a fast pace to ensure optimal efficiency
- Interpersonal – can build effective, strong working relationships with employees, colleagues, management and vendors through trust, communication, and credibility
- Team – ability to work with others, serve others, help others, lead others, mentor others, take directions from others in the interest of moving process and programs forward to the desired outcome.
- Emotional Intelligence – ability to not take issues personal, see the big picture in emotionally charged situations and respond in a mature, professional, composed manner
- Self-Awareness – ability to reflect, understand limitations, and seek appropriate assistance and guidance
- Judgment – exercises discretion and due diligence when making decisions and recommendations
- Quality – is able to perform work in a neat, efficient, well-coordinated, well communicated manner with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Presentation – can speak in front of people to deliver necessary material or messaging
- Ability to influence professionals of senior management level.
- Solid sense of confidentiality and discretion.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Sedentary Work: Lifting 10lbs. maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying items as needed.
- Frequent Talking (Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.)
- Frequent Hearing (Perceiving the nature of the sounds by the ear.)
- Frequent Seeing (Visual acuity, depth perception, field of vision, color vision).
- Consistent use of hand movement for keyboarding purposes.
- Concentration varies depending on the tasks at hand. High levels of mental concentration are required. Must handle multiple tasks simultaneously and is subject to interruptions. Physical effort requires sitting and reaching with hands and arms. Manual dexterity, visual acuity, and the ability to speak and hear are required
- Candidates upon hire will complete an electronic I-9 verification.
- Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
- University of Louisville Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Current UofL Physicians employees must follow the UofL Physicians Internal Transfer Policy.