MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy required
- Two (2) years’ experience in clinical setting, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices
- Demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrative knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
- Initiative, communicator, problem solver
- Proactive - anticipates and plans for problems before they arise
- Service Excellence – responsive, informs constituents of process, pleasant to work with, educates and provides timely, accurate information
- Organized – manages time effectively, keeps tasks appropriately prioritized
- Flexible – ability to change directions as needed for the good of the department or organization
- Critical Thinking – ability to think through issues and identify appropriate options
- Work Ethics – motivated, diligent, industrious and persistent in the workplace, stays on tasks to completion, works at a fast pace to ensure optimal efficiency
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Interpersonal – can build effective, strong working relationships with employees, colleagues, management, consultants, and media through trust, communication, and credibility
- Team – ability to work with others, serve others, help others, lead others, mentor others, take directions from others in the interest of moving process and programs forward to the desired outcome.
- Emotional Intelligence – ability to not take issues personal, see the big picture in emotionally charged situations and respond in a mature, professional, composed manner
- Self-Awareness – ability to reflect, understand limitations, and seek appropriate assistance and guidance
- Judgment – exercises discretion and due diligence when making decisions and recommendations
- Quality – is able to perform work in a neat, efficient, well-coordinated, well communicated manner with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Presentation – can speak in front of people to deliver necessary material or messaging
Clinical and office environment – office, patient clinical areas, sitting, computer, walking, lifting. etc.