This position schedules all outpatient procedures and makes sure they are pre-certified through the patient’s insurance, if necessary.
- Schedule procedures
- Contact insurance companies to process pre-certifications
- Notify the hospital and patient of certification outcomes
- Reschedule tests as needed
- Establish and maintain rapport with scheduling facilities and representatives.
- Answer and return patient phone calls in a timely manner
- Assist with other areas of the office as needed.
- Exhibits friendly and helpful behavior
- Preforms in a team environment
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Electronic Health Record experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- The right candidate for this position must have strong customer service, with very professional mannerisms, dependable attitude, and can be a team player.
- Knowledge of Centricity system and EHR preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Punctuality and excellent attendance required.
- Depending on equipment/work area, may require standing for periods of time while scanning. Otherwise, must be able to move in and out of a chair without difficulty.
- Light work, lifting of 20 lbs and carrying objects that weigh up to 10 lbs.
- Will need to be able to bend and reach to retrieve files.
- Candidates upon hire will complete an electronic I-9 verification.
- Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
- University of Louisville Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Current UofL Physicians employees must follow the UofL Physicians Internal Transfer Policy.