MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School education or GED required.
- Must have and maintain Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification through AAPC or must have and maintain CCA, CCS or CCS-P certification through AHIMA.
- 3 years of prior coding experience, preferred.
- Prior experience working with medical insurance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Ability to foresee projects from start to finish.
- Sedentary Work: Lifting 10lbs. maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying items as needed.
- Frequent Talking (Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.)
- Frequent Hearing (Perceiving the nature of the sounds by the ear.)
- Frequent Seeing (Visual acuity, depth perception, field of vision, color vision).
- Consistent use of hand movement for keyboarding purposes.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please follow the URL link to submit your resume: <Insert Link>
- Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
- University of Louisville Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Current UofL Physicians employees must follow the UofL Physicians Internal Transfer Policy.