Knowledgeable in all aspects of Hospital Information systems and particularly the Revenue Cycle systems (i.e. Patient Access Processing, Medical Records and Abstracting and Patient Accounting/Billing. Experience and ability in working directly with vendors, customers and other IT teams In-depth knowledge of systems and application development. Experience with report development tools and documentation (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, etc.)
• Provides advanced analytical and problem solving skills, as a member of application, implementation and upgrade teams as well as application support teams
• Provide/leads discussions with hospital department leaders, end users and IT Teams providing expertise on workflows of the Revenue Cycle Applications and the direct impact of Clinical systems integration to the Revenue Cycle Core Systems.
• Establishes plans for supporting super-user groups.
• Establishes direction for standardization of documentation and the integration of applicable standards and practices.
• Provide/leads evaluations of IT updates and revisions; establishes priorities and plans for release schedules.
• Ensures that maintenance releases are properly tested and quality assured prior to production.
• Ensures adequate support for all applications and coordinates with the appropriate teams.
• Provide/leads incident management processes and escalates issues as appropriate.
• Ensures adequate documentation is provided to support training of
• Provides mentoring and training to application analysts I and II in system analysis & design, specification development and documentation, and end user training with ULH prescribed methodologies.
• Interfaces with vendors on maintenance release information gathering and
• Provide/leads identification of continuous improvement opportunities and related
• Completes assigned tasks as per defined project scope, timelines, and budgets for implementations. Works to prescribed methodologies for all project implementations.
• May work on multiple implementations at any given time.
• Provides Level 1, 2 and 3 support for day-to-day production issues maintaining documentation in the appropriate tracking systems while adhering to prescribed escalation & change control procedures. Includes on call rotation.
• Adheres to all Security Standards as set forth by the organization and National guidelines.
• Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
Education & Training: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Experience: Cerner Revenue Cycle or 7 to 10 years of experience in Health Care I.S. Knowledgeable in all aspects of Hospital Information systems and particularly the Revenue Cycle systems. Experience and ability in working directly with vendors, customers and other IT teams. In-depth knowledge of systems and application development. Experience with report development tools.
License & Certification: None