Knowledgeable in all aspects of Hospital Information systems and particularly the Revenue Cycle systems. Experience and ability in working directly with vendors, customers and other IT teams In-depth knowledge of systems and application development. Experience with report development tools.
• Provides advanced analytical and problem solving skills, and/or as a team member to implement, upgrade and support complex application systems.
• Provide/lead discussions with department leaders and end users on the integration/workflows of the Revenue Cycle Applications and the direct impact of Clinical systems to the Revenue Cycle Core Systems.
• Able to communicate and document complex processes and procedures relating to current future system environments.
• Provides mentoring and training to application analyst staff in the areas of system analysis & design, specification development and documentation, end user training with ULH prescribed methodologies.
• Provides Tier Level 2 and 3 support for day-to-day production issues maintaining documentation in the appropriate tracking systems while adhering to prescribed escalation
& change control procedures.
• Establishes plans for supporting and providing collaborative recommendation on system functionality and best standardize processes/procedures to meet organization objectives.
• Establishes direction for standardization of documentation and the integration of applicable standards and best practices.
• Leads evaluations of IT updates and revisions; establishes priorities and plans for release schedules.
• Ensures that maintenance releases are properly tested and quality assured prior to production.
• Ensures adequate support for all applications and coordinates with the appropriate teams.
• Leads incident management processes and escalates issues as appropriate.
• Leads planning for installations of production application changes.
• Ensures adequate documentation is provided to support training of applications.
• Interfaces with vendors on maintenance release information gathering and planning
• Leads identification of continuous improvement opportunities and related projects
• Completes assigned tasks as per defined project scope, timelines, and budgets for implementations. Works to prescribed methodologies for all project implementations. May work on multiple implementations at any given time.
• In coordination with Director of Business Applications, leads coordination of the transition from implementation to production and application support.
• Ensures new installations will integrate with the current application and data technical environment.
• Develops complex reports, scripts and forms according to required specifications.
• Ensures business and system processes and procedures are documented through the use of industry standard process flow and flow charting techniques.
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
• Acts as a liaison between technical staff and business subject matter experts in creating and refining business requirements.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and delivery.
• Provides input to application developers on business criteria that guides solution design decisions.
• Apply subject matter expertise in business areas to assist in the redesign of business process to ensure success.
• Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
• Provides 24x7 level 2 and 3 application support on rotation as needed.
Education & Training: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Experience: 7 to 10 years of experience in Health Care I.S. Knowledgeable in all aspects of Hospital Information systems and particularly the Revenue Cycle systems. Experience and ability in working directly with vendors, customers and other IT teams. In-depth knowledge of systems and application development. Experience with report development tools.
License & Certification: None