The Business Intelligence Analyst supports the high level strategic and tactical decisions for UMC’s enterprise data and business intelligence tools and applications. Works with leaders across UMC to understand business intelligence needs and IT senior management to better define data to filter
and index to add value in making business decisions. The Business Intelligence Analyst establishes and evangelizes a data framework built on industry standards and best practices and a reference architecture that will be used to manage corporate data assets across the enterprise.
• Works with management to identify, prioritize and develop UMC’s business intelligence needs and ensures the performance of business intelligence tools and applications are optimized to enhance end user’s business decision-making capabilities.
• Develops and enforces implementation of standards and best practices involved in data modeling (conceptual/logical/physical models), data architecture design patterns (EDW/data marts/data lakes), ETL and data visualization.
• Responsible for supporting the design, support and integrity of UMC’s data platform, business intelligence applications and enterprise information architecture; creates testing methodology and criteria.
• Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, tools, services, protocols and standards that will support UMC’s data management strategy.
• Performs coaching and training of current and prospective end users to better understand how these tools can enhance business decision making capabilities.
• Provides Level 1, 2 and 3 support for day-to-day production issues maintaining documentation in the appropriate tracking systems while adhering to prescribed escalation & change control procedures. Includes on call rotation.
• Adheres to all Security Standards as set forth by the organization and National guidelines.
• Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
Education & Training: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Science or Computer Science required.
Experience: 3+ years of experience in the development of reporting/analytics solutions using BI tools and technologies required. Strong knowledge of data warehouse design concepts and relational databases is required. Knowledge of Cerner CCL reporting is desired. Experience with data modeling, ETL, data governance, MDM and data lifecycle management highly desired. Knowledge of big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Sqoop, Hive, Flume, Storm, and Kafka. Experience and ability in working directly with vendors, customers and other IT teams.
License & Certification: None