Clinical Support Analyst serves as an integral member of the IT Cerner Support team for UMC. Key responsibilities include direct involvement with the development, implementation, training and support of the electronic health record. This position requires a detailed knowledge of the electronic health record and the ability to analyze processes/systems as they impact the organizations’ strategic initiatives and patient experience.
• Assists in the development, maintenance and support of Cerner and other clinical systems for the area of responsibility.
• Provides input and guidance to build and design teams regarding build, optimization, training plans, goals, and implementation within their defined area.
• Provide/leads discussions with hospital department leaders, end users and IT Teams providing expertise on workflows of the clinical Applications.
• Establishes plans for supporting super-user groups.
• Provide/leads evaluations of IT updates and revisions; establishes priorities and plans for release schedules.
• Ensures that maintenance releases are properly tested and quality assured prior to production.
• Provide/leads incident management processes and escalates issues as appropriate.
• Provides mentoring and training to application analysts I and II in system analysis & design, specification development and documentation, and end user training with ULH prescribed methodologies.
• Completes assigned tasks as per defined project scope, timelines, and budgets for implementations. Works to prescribed methodologies for all project implementations.
• May work on multiple implementations at any given time.
• Provides Level 1, 2 and 3 support for day-to-day production issues maintaining documentation in the appropriate tracking systems while adhering to prescribed escalation & change control procedures. Includes on call rotation.
• Adheres to all Security Standards as set forth by the organization and National guidelines.
• Additional tasks/responsibilities as defined.
Education & Training: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Science, Computer Science, Informatics or Clinical related field required.
Experience: 7+ years of prior Cerner Clinical applications experience or other EHR implementation and/or support experience preferred. Extensive understanding of clinical operations and workflows within a healthcare system is desired.
Experience with healthcare IT applications and knowledge of healthcare environment and system configuration preferred.
License & Certification: None